Thursday, December 9, 2010

American Kestrel

I made it out to the Village Creek Beds in Arlington yesterday with my mom. Activity there was very good, we saw hundreds of ducks, a lot of sparrows, and shorebirds. I spent a bit of time watching what I believe was a Marsh Wren and hoping to get a good shot of it, which I didn't. I was very happy to get pretty close to this Kestrel as he was perched next to the road. It is my first good shot of a kestrel, so I was pretty excited to get this one. I wanted to spend more time with him and see if I could get some flight shots, but the gates were about to be locked so we had to leave. We might go back tomorrow, and I hope to get some more shots of him.

Image Data:
1/1600s. | f/8 | ISO 500 | Fill Flash
click image to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment