Saturday, September 26, 2009

Common Grackle Silhouette


I finally made it out to the reservoir this evening and saw the Least Sandpipers again, this time there were about 15 of them. I was unable to get any photos since where they were feeding was covered in shadows. I will try again tomorrow afternoon. There were literally hundreds of Common Grackles all on the fence that runs along side the road to the reservoir. Since the sunset was very beautiful, I decided to try some silhouettes. While this is not a very exciting species, I do think they make great subjects for these types of images. What do you think? I cloned out some the fence that was at the bottom of the frame. In other news, I bought a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens yesterday and it should arrive on Tuesday! I can't wait to try it out and share the results here. Also, my family and I will be heading to Maine a week from Tuesday ( October 6th. ) for some hiking and, for me, photographing in Acadia National Park! It will be lot's of fun and hopefully we will see some great fall color. I am very excited! Anyway, please tell me what you think about this one. Enjoy.

Specs: 1/400th. | f/16 | ISO 400

1 comment:

  1. Great shot, the colours, silhouette and blur all work really well.

    liam.

    ReplyDelete