Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prothonotary Warbler

 1/1000 |  f/8  | ISO 640

1/500 | f/8 | ISO 640

On Monday, my mom and I went to the Fort Worth Nature Center again to check and see if the Prothonotary Warbler and Indigo Buntings had arrived yet and to our delight they had! We heard both species calling from the parking lot at the boardwalk and it wasn't long before we saw both as we looked around the marsh. The warbler was cooperative posing for me on the railing of the boardwalk about 5 feet away from me and I got one decent image of the indigo bunting as well. We were short on time before the refuge closed, so we intend to go back sometime within the week when we have more time and I am hoping to get some better images of both birds. Both of these images were taken with the camera resting on the railing of the boardwalk under a cloudy sky.

click images to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment