Thursday, May 19, 2011

Painted Bunting


One of my main goals this summer is to get some good images of painted and indigo buntings at the nature refuge about 15 minutes from where I live and so far it looks like it will be a promising endeavor. In just over two weeks I have come across some very cooperative individuals of the painted bunting on multiple visits to the refuge and have encountered quite a few indigos as well. I have gotten some decent shots of the painted so far, like the ones above, but still have not gotten the shot that I have in mind. But seeing as it is only May, I think I will have many more chances in the coming 4 months or so to get the images I want. One of these was taken on a cloudy day last week and the other this past Wednesday afternoon under some difficult late afternoon light and it did not help matters that I did not have the flash settings right...

Image Data:
1st
1/160 | f/8 | ISO 200 | Fill Flash
2nd
| 1/160 | f/8 | ISO 400 | Fill Flash
click images to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment