Friday, May 6, 2011

Indigo Bunting

Yesterday afternoon my mom and I went over to the Fort Worth Nature Center to see if we could locate the painted and indigo buntings that have just recently arrived for their summer stay. Last year we were able to get close looks of the painted but never got very near an indigo. So we were extremely excited when we found not only a few painted but also several indigos singing in the large prairie that borders a woodland. Using the iBird app on my moms iPhone, we were able to call a few individuals down from the trees and within photographing range for me to get some decent images. The lighting was not ideal and the birds were choosing bad perches, but I was just happy to get my first image of a indigo! I plan on going back soon when there is some better light to work with.

Image Data:
1/250 | f/8 | ISO 320 | Fill Flash
Click image to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment