Friday, January 21, 2011

Virginia Opossum

I went out to the Fort Worth Nature Center yesterday for a couple of hours. I saw a lot of white-throated sparrows on the riverbottom trail, but did not have any luck getting them in the open. I took this image of the captive opposum at the visitors center. I took this through a wire cage, and managed to keep the image clean except for it's right eye where it is noticeable a little. Tomorrow I leave with my mom and two of my sisters for a trip to Connecticut for a visit with some family. I plan on doing some shooting at Sachuest Point NWR in Rhode Island and Hammonasset State park if time. My main target species is the harlequin ducks and purple sandpipers and if lucky maybe a snowy owl. I will post when I get back and will give a trip report and hopefully have some photos to share as well.

Image Data:
1/30s. | f/8 | ISO 200
Click image to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment