Saturday, June 5, 2010

Prothonotary Warbler

Hey Everyone,
Here is probably the best shot I got last month of this Prothonotary warbler, or of any warbler actually, sad I know... It was a overcast day and rain showers soon came. While the image is a bit noisy, I think it is still decent, especially since it is my first of this beautiful species. Every year "proth's" warblers nest in a swampy area of the Fort Worth Nature Center on the lake and can be seen singing along the boardwalk making them fairly easy to photograph. Maybe I will be able to get some other shots of them during the summer. I am very determined to photograph Painted and Indigo Buntings at the nature refuge this summer since they are my top local bird favorites, the key will be finding them ( especially the Indigo ) close to the ground. Hopefully with some research and a lot of luck I can get some good images. Unfortunaley, I will have an extremely busy June, but hope to get out as much as possible.
Anyway, sorry for the longish post! I hope you like this image.

Image Data:
1/60th. | f/8 | ISO 500 | Fill Flash
Canon 7D


No comments:

Post a Comment