Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Savannah Sparrow


Glad to have my 40D back with me and working correctly, I headed out to the reservoir on Friday to see if any spring migrants have shown up. I did not see much except the swallows that are back occupying their nests under the freeway bridge. I did flush about 10 Dowitchers ( I think ) and was pretty upset about that! I will try to find them again next time. I decided to see if I could get some photos of the sparrows that are still around and was glad to get this somewhat cooperative Savannah Sparrow. Since I could not get any closer, I tried to get some shots including the environment. I am not overly happy with this one and am anxious to get back there and see if I can get some better ones. I will hopefully go out tomorrow for some shooting but am not sure where yet.
Stay tuned!

Image Data:
1/800s. | f/8 | ISO 200
Canon 40D

No comments:

Post a Comment