Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mallard + More Gear Problems

I went out to the reservoir yesterday evening hoping to see and even more hopeful to photograph the small flock of Wilson's Snipe that I flushed last time I was there. See them I did, photograph them I did not. They flew over head and to a distant marshy area, I made my way over there but they flew off before I was even close enough to be the culprit of scaring them, so not sure what did. So I had to content myself with this cooperative Mallard. I love how the evening light really brings out the green on his head. This is probably the last bird photo I will take for awhile due to having problems with my 100-400mm zoom. It is extremely hard to zoom and am told it is a out of round barrel, a very common problem with this lens and will have to be fixed by Canon. All of this camera repair is delaying my shooting of the spring bird activity.
Oh well, hopefully it will not take too long and I can have it back soon and it won't cost a bundle. That's hoping anyway...

Image Data:
1/500s. | f8 | ISO 200
Canon 7D
Click image for larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment