Monday, December 28, 2009

White Christmas


Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I certainly did. What made this Christmas a very unique and special one is the fact that for the first time in my life I experienced a White Christmas! A blizzard in fact. I have lived in North Texas my whole life ( just 17 years, but still this was big ) and never before had I seen snow, much less inches of the stuff on this Holiday. I have seen it on Valentines Day and other times in between December and April but never on Christmas. It started on Christmas Eve and snowed non stop all day. There are still patches and a few small drifts left over which is also amazing since snow around here never lasts more than 24 hours and it has been 4 days since it began! There is talk of more snow on Tuesday, but I know it will be nothing like the previous event. Anyway, I took this image from the car at the park near my house. I did not really get to spend much time on this shot, but I was really pleased in the way it turned out when I loaded it onto the computer. I converted it to B&W and like the result, but would love to hear your opinions. Hope you like it!

Image Data:
1/100s. | f/11 | ISO 200

17-55mm @ 55mm
Click image for larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment