Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Female Black-Chinned Hummingbird


Here is a image taken on a overcast Monday afternoon of a Female Black-Chinned Hummingbird perched at my Hummingbird garden. She is the only regular visitor that I see almost every day. This is her favorite perch which is unfortunately not the best looking. Some self critique for this image is I wish it were a tad sharper ( see shutter speed ) and I wish that her head was tilted more towards me. But other than that I was at least pleased with the background! ;-)
As soon as the week long rain and clouds move off and give way to some sun I will try to get out to get more images that are hopefully better than this.
Enjoy.

Specs: 1/80th. | f/5.6 | ISO 500

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot. Good composition and I like the perch and the background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh,
    Thanks for stopping by, glad you liked the image! I have been visiting your blog and really like your work a lot.
    Please stop by here again soon!

    ReplyDelete