Monday, November 5, 2012

Acadia Close Up

6 seconds | f/11 | ISO 100 | polarizing filter

While landscape photography is not something that I am very good at, mostly because I do not have the oppurtunity to practice it since I live in a large city, I really enjoy viewing others' landscape images and am overall a big fan of that side of photography. I was inspired while in Acadia NP to try my hand at it once again and once again I failed pretty miserably. Happily though, I was able to get one or two decent images of what I call "close up landscapes", which are detailed images of close up scenes within a landscape. It is a form of landscape photography that I find fun, especially since I am so bad at the grand landscape scenes. With this image I really like the rock and the red leaf contrasted next to the blue'ish water.  

I hope that everyone likes this image as well.

click image to view larger size.

2 comments:

  1. This is very nicely done Landon. The simple composition is beautiful, and I love the red leaf against the interesting texture of the rocks. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete