Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prairie Dogs


 1/640 | f/8 | ISO 500 | Fill Flash

1/640 | f/8 | ISO 500 | Fill Flash

It has been nearly 2 months since my last post and a very busy 2 months it was!
I have had little to no time for photography in the past 6 weeks or so and it was so nice to have the chance to get out twice this week. On Monday I visited the reservoir close to my home, but came away from there empty handed after spending most of my time trying to stalk a pair of Greater Yellowlegs to no avail. So on Thursday I went to the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge and spent some time trying to photograph some Spotted Towhee's but they would never come out of their hiding places among leaves and bushes. After coming up short with the Towhee's, I went over to the marsh boardwalk and there I came across two fairly cooperative Eastern Phoebe's of whom I got some decent photos of which I will share later. At the prairie dog town I saw a mother with three of her pups on a mound within photographing range and took a few photos of them and some of the other prairie dogs that were scampering around too. The weather was overcast and windy, not ideal shooting conditions, but it was just great to be out taking photos again and I am hoping that I can get out even more in the coming weeks as spring migration progresses.

click images to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment