Thursday, July 14, 2011

Black-chinned Hummingbird

After a very busy June and equally the same first half of July, things are finally starting to slow down a bit and for the first time in over a month, I was able to get out with my camera yesterday morning in the backyard to work with the hummingbird visiting the garden. This female Black-chinned hummer has been coming to my hummingbird designated garden for about a month now and up until yesterday I have not had the time to try and photograph it. So, I was very happy to spend a little time working on a simple setup. I cut off a small branch from the hummingbirds favorite plant in the garden, which is a Fire Bush, and attached it to a old cheap tripod using techniques from Alan Murphy's Guide to Songbird Set-up Photography and placed it right next to the bush but where I could get a good clean background. When the hummingbird arrived at the garden my branch was the first one she visited and I was able to get some pretty good images. It is feels great to be photographing again!

Image Data:
1/2500s. | f/8 | ISO 500 | Fill Flash
click image to view larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment