Friday, February 4, 2011

Goldfinch

Well, just a few days after the DFW area was covered in a sheet of ice about a quarter of a inch thick, we received a good blanketing of snow on top of that last night. For the most part driving has been impossible except for short drives up to the grocery store and stuff like that. So I have been in the house most of the day, aside from a snowball fight with my siblings for a hour or so at the park and a few drives around town. In part it has been good since it has forced me to go through some old photos and do a lot of deleting, organizing and editing. I have also taken a few images of the Goldfinches at their feeder outside of my bedroom window, like the one above. Unfortunately, they prefer the dead branches of a small tree instead of my nice natural, self selected perches that I have set up, go figure! It looks like we will get above the freezing mark for the first time this week tomorrow which should melt the worst of the ice, so I am looking forward to getting out for awhile!
Anyway, I hope you like this image taken this morning.

Image Data:
1/1600s. | f/8 | ISO 400
click image to view larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment